Inspired by events which led to being hospitalized due to mental health concerns after her fifth pregnancy, our Founder & Visionary, Janay Honeycutt, was compelled to encourage, educate, and support a generation of women to healthily nurture their families.
Nurture Family was planted in my heart during the most difficult season of my life. I vividly remember sitting on my sofa nursing an infant while my toddler and pre-schooler lay strewn across my lap however they could fit. I felt discouraged, unequipped, and isolated. I had no idea what I was doing and I needed help. I whispered to Jesus, “Lead me, I’ll follow You.” The events afterwards, including spending three days in a mental health facility, were very difficult. Being there I realized that up until that point, I had been giving my all to care for others without properly caring for myself. Upon returning home with my self-care plan, I found that my situation was the same, and would remain that way. So, I resolved to change. I practically learned how to rely on Jesus. I regularly began to fill my spirit, mind, and body with healthy sustenance. It was a challenge but, this new habit brought hope, peace, and balance to a seemingly dire circumstance. What was once gripping my life, depression and anxiety, gave way to the authority of Christ. Through the ministry of Nurture Family, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, it is my hope to shine God’s light into the darkness of maternal mental health.Janay Honeycutt
We aim to encourage, equip, and provide community for women who nurture families by promoting mental wellness in Christ. We do this by providing biblical resources, practical self care planning, and hosting monthly Moms’ Night Out gatherings to the women of South Metro Atlanta.
Our mission to encourage, equip, and provide community to women who nurture families is founded on the truth of who Jesus is and what He has already accomplished for us.
- We believe that women are an important part of God’s redemption plan for the world.
- We believe that a healthy relationship with Him is vital to fulfilling our part in His plan.
- We believe that from a healthy relationship with Christ we can healthily fulfill the roles and responsibilities that come with womanhood.
- We believe that He desires for us to encourage and live in community with one another.
- Jesus Christ Jesus is reason we do everything that we do here at Nurture Family.
- Marriage Marriage is chosen by God to be an illustration of His love for us, by honoring marriage, we honor God.
- Family He adopts us into His family and gives us the privilege of being a part of our family here on Earth.
- Community We value playing our part in healthily contributing to our communities.